BLaST Intermediate Unit 17 is accepting applications for the following anticipated positions:
Special Education Supervisor
Full-time: 205 Days
PA Certification: Special Education Supervisor
- Develops program recommendations and serves as a liaison between the IU and it’s constituent districts
- Ongoing evaluation of the Special Education curriculum, procedures, and individual students’ needs and progress.
- Supervises and coordinates special education classroom programs.
- Responsible for compiling and maintaining all reports, records, IEP’s etc. that are legally required and useful to program management.
- Interprets the objectives and programs of the Spec. Ed. services to the Board, staff and the public.
- Assist in the referral evaluation, placement, assignment, and re-evaluation of students with regard to Special Education programs.
- Consults with parents of students enrolled in the program.
- Implements procedures for purchasing special education equipment and supplies.
- Supervises preparation of attendance reports and similar data necessary for reimbursement of funds, collecting of tuition for out-of-district students, and similar fiscal matters.
- Periodically observes teachers under their supervision. Evaluates both professional and paraprofessional staff under their supervision.
- Keeps informed of all legal requirements governing Special Education.
- Assists with the professional development of teachers.
- Assists in the adaptation of school procedures to assist special education students’ needs.
- Attends special events held to recognize student achievement, and school sponsored activities.
- Schedules staff assignments.
- Supervises and coordinates home instruction for special students.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student conduct and assist in student discipline as necessary.
- Cooperates with college and university officials regarding teacher training and preparation
- Attends interagency meetings when appropriate.
Applications must be received by Noon on April 26, 2017
Please send a letter of interest, resume, transcripts, certificate, and application (found at http://www.iu17.org/employee-resources/human-resources/applicant-and-clearances/) to:
Ms. Cheryl Starr
BLaST Intermediate Unit 17
PO Box 3609
Williamsport, PA 17701
Act 34, Act 151 and FBI Clearances will be required of successful applicant.