The MissionOne Behavioral Health worker will perform direct treatment in a supportive role within the BLaST Intermediate Unit for the Academy for Integrated Studies to meet individualized behavioral and academic needs of the students.
- Participate in group therapy sessions as a co-leader under the direction of the Social Worker
- Conduct behavioral modification under the direction of the Social Worker
- Assist with crisis intervention and stabilization strategies as needed
- Develop and maintain an environment which is non-threatening, safe, nurturing, and where the students and their families feel respected, accepted, and welcome
- Assist in conducting formal and informal assessments as needed
- Facilitate a safe and efficient transition between activities with attention to facilitate student’s individual needs
- Utilize a school-wide positive behavior system in the management of group and client behaviors
- Communicate and work cooperatively with co-workers and students to meet student needs
- Adhere to legal and ethical standards in the provision of behavioral health and educational services
- Assist teacher and social worker in developing and implementing behavioral modification system
- Assist with data collection and record keeping
- Assistance with the documentation of student, behavior, attendance, record maintenance, end of year reports and other reports as required
- Understand and adhere to all MissionOne and BLaST Intermediate Unit policies and procedures
- Demonstrate cooperation and flexibility in performing other related duties as assigned
STATUS AND SCOPE:
Describe the reporting relationships, special skills and abilities required to perform essential job functions.
Position reports to the Area Manager. Position is to assist the teacher with instructional and non-instructional activities necessary for the implementation of a functional class environment that enhances student learning and achievement. Under the direction and supervision of the certified classroom teacher, principal or other designated certified personnel, assists faculty members in the instruction of students and in facilitating learning activities so that the established curriculum goals are attained.
Describe experience, education and related coursework typically required or expected to perform essential job functions.
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Ability to provide a positive role model for students.
- Ability to relate with young and/or special needs children.
- Show evidence of successful experience in working with students.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services
- At least one year of experience in mental health preferred.
- Pennsylvania State Police Clearance
- Child Abuse Clearance
- FBI Fingerprinting
- School Health Form: Physical and Tuberculosis Test
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Form 6004: Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification
Why Work for MissionOne?
MissionOne was established in 2009 with the vision of helping all students achieve their maximum potential. A leader in the field of educational staffing and management, MissionOne enhances the quality of student support by providing highly skilled paraprofessional, clerical, and other support personnel to school districts. As a MissionOne employee, you will enjoy the security of working in a permanent position. We will give you the individualized attention and ongoing support that you need to succeed!
To apply, please contact:
Northeast Support Services Area Manager
MissionOne is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.