The MissionOne Paraprofessional will support the needs of a classroom under the direction of the classroom teacher and reinforce the implementation of the curriculum.
- Maintain Safe Work Environment at all times
- Assist the teacher with classroom instructional tasks as assigned, including reading and listening to students, and reviewing their work.
- Work with students individually and in small groups to assist with the learning of content and skills introduced by the teacher.
- Observe student behavior and learning, communicating observations regularly with the teacher.
- Assist the teacher with clerical work, record keeping, and preparation of instructional materials, preparation of displays and bulletin boards, and other non – instructional tasks as assigned.
- Assist the teacher and students with cleanup from activities.
- Accompany and assist the teacher in supervision on approved instructional field trips.
- Arrange furniture and equipment for various learning activities and experiences.
- Maintain the orderly arrangement of materials and equipment within the classroom.
- Assist students with preparing for and moving to other classrooms, school activities, outside activities and arrival and departure from school.
- Help students with clothing, grooming, health habits, and bathroom activities as needed.
- Communicate to the teacher any unusual situations or needs of students. Notify immediately appropriate personnel of any evidence of substance abuse, child abuse, child neglect, severe medical
- conditions, potential suicide, or individuals appearing to be under the influence of alcohol, or controlled substances.
- Assist the teacher in handling interruptions and emergencies.
- Participate in appropriate in-service and workshop programs and attend required meetings.
- Serve as a role model for students and staff in demonstrating positive attitudes, appropriate attire and grooming, and effective work ethic.
- Display ethical and professional behavior in working with students, parents, school personnel, and outside agencies associated with the school.
- Protect confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and use discretion in sharing such information within legal confines.
- Adhere to Pennsylvania school law, State Board of Education rules and regulations, Board of Education policies and regulations, school regulations and procedures, and contractual obligations.
- Perform any duties and responsibilities that are within the scope of employment, as assigned by the teacher or Principal, and not otherwise prohibited by law or regulation.
- Complete 20 hours of staff development activities as required by Pennsylvania State law.
STATUS AND SCOPE:
Describe the reporting relationships, special skills and abilities required to perform essential job functions.
Position reports to the Area Manager. Position is to assist the teacher with instructional and non-instructional activities necessary for the implementation of a functional class environment that enhances student learning and achievement. Under the direction and supervision of the certified classroom teacher, principal or other designated certified personnel, assists faculty members in the instruction of students and in facilitating learning activities so that the established curriculum goals are attained.
Describe experience, education and related coursework typically required or expected to perform essential job functions.
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Ability to provide a positive role model for students.
- Ability to relate with young and/or special needs children.
- Show evidence of successful experience in working with students.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or Associate Degree.
- At least one year of experience in mental health preferred.
- Pennsylvania State Police Clearance
- Child Abuse Clearance
- FBI Fingerprinting
- School Health Form: Physical and Tuberculosis Test
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Form 6004: Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification
Why Work for MissionOne?
MissionOne was established in 2009 with the vision of helping all students achieve their maximum potential. A leader in the field of educational staffing and management, MissionOne enhances the quality of student support by providing highly skilled paraprofessional, clerical, and other support personnel to school districts. As a MissionOne employee, you will enjoy the security of working in a permanent position. We will give you the individualized attention and ongoing support that you need to succeed!
To apply, please contact:
Northeast Support Services Area Manager
MissionOne is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.