Parent Support – Local Task Force
The Local Task Force for the Right to Education (LTF) serves parents in Bradford, Lycoming, Sullivan and Tioga Counties. We hope to be able to contribute insightful recommendations that will improve, strengthen and help expand services for students with special needs. We provide resources, referrals, information and networking for and between our members and the community. We desire to foster strong, solid working foundations between parents and their school district’s officials, so that everyone who is invested in the education of a student receiving special education services is able to function as a team to obtain the best possible education for the student.
Should you have any questions, please contact the Local Task Force at 570-323-8561 Ext. 1007.
Our Mission Statement
Our Mission Statement: To support children and families in our community by providing leadership, information, training and encouragement.
Meeting Dates and Times
Local Task Force meetings are open to the public, please find topics and meeting dates / times below. Please note, due to COVID-19 concerns, all 2021 Local Task Force meetings will be Virtual. Please click the Zoom link below each meeting date to join the meeting.
January 13th • 5:30-7:30
March 17th • 1:00-2:30
May 12th • 5:30-7:00
Local Task Force #17
BLaST IU17 PO Box 3609
Williamsport, Pa. 17701
Jeffrey D. Pelly, Educational Consultant
- State Task Force Meeting Dates and Locations: http://www.pattan.net/category/About/Partners/Single/?id=12
- Include Me From the Start Website – http://includemepa.org
- www.parenttoparent.org – Linking families of children and adults with disabilities or special needs
- www.projectlifesaver.org – Electronic Technnology to Locate Missing Persons
- PA Lions Beacon Lodge Special Needs Camp – www.beaconlodge.com
- http://drnpa.org – Disability Resource Network
- www.partnersinprogresspip.com – Partners in Progress, Mansfield – Rehabilitation program, transition house program, vocational evaluation, sheltered employment
- http://www.pealcenter.org/ – The Mission of the PEAL Center is to ensure that children, youth, and adults with disabilities and special health care needs lead rich, active lives and participate as full members of their schools
- Center for Independent Living of North Central PA
- Parent Education Network