Parent Task Force
The Local Task Force for the Right to Education (LTF) serves parents in Bradford, Lycoming, Sullivan and Tioga Counties. We hope to be able to contribute insightful recommendations that will improve, strengthen and help expand services for students with special needs. We provide resources, referrals, information and networking for and between our members and the community. We desire to foster strong, solid working foundations between parents and their school district’s officials, so that everyone who is invested in the education of a student receiving special education services is able to function as a team to obtain the best possible education for the student.
Should you have any questions, please contact the Local Task Force at 570-323-8561.
Our Mission Statement
Our Mission Statement: To support children and families in our community by providing leadership, information, training and encouragement.
December 22, 2016
Resolving Conflict – Office for Dispute Resolution
Location and Contact Information
Meetings are held at BLaST IU #17
2400 Reach Road Williamsport, Pa. 17701
Local Task Force #17
BLaST IU17 PO Box 3609
Williamsport, Pa. 17701
Jennifer M. Starner Director of Students Services
Vacant – if you are a parent of a public school age child with special needs in the BLaST Intermediate Unit service area and would be interested in serving as parent chairperson, please contact Jennifer Starner at 570-323-8561.
- State Task Force Meeting Dates and Locations: http://www.pattan.net/category/About/Partners/Single/?id=12
- Include Me From the Start Website – http://includemepa.org
- www.parenttoparent.org – Linking families of children and adults with disabilities or special needs
- www.projectlifesaver.org – Electronic Technnology to Locate Missing Persons
- PA Lions Beacon Lodge Special Needs Camp – www.beaconlodge.com
- http://drnpa.org – Disability Resource Network
- www.partnersinprogresspip.com – Partners in Progress, Mansfield – Rehabilitation program, transition house program, vocational evaluation, sheltered employment
- http://www.pealcenter.org/ – The Mission of the PEAL Center is to ensure that children, youth, and adults with disabilities and special health care needs lead rich, active lives and participate as full members of their schools
- Center for Independent Living of North Central PA
- Parent Education Network