BLaST INTERMEDIATE UNIT 17
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
DIRECTOR OF MENTAL and BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES
Director of Mental and Behavioral Health Services (12 Months)
Master’s Level Degree in a recognized Mental Health Clinical discipline or successful completion of a Clinical Graduate Degree Program in Clinical Psychology or Social Work (LSW or LPC required); or Licensed Clinical Psychologist. Two years experience in a supervisory position and at least three years post-graduate clinical experience working with children and youth in mental health programs. Licensed LPC or LSW preferred.
To provide program administration, treatment staff supervision and clinical support, and treatment oversight to already existing IU mental/behavioral health services and develop new services/programs to meet the needs of member districts, agencies, and clients. Responsibilities extend to clinical oversight, managing budgets, keeping program statistics, and monitoring program compliance, and expanding mental/behavioral health services across the IU 17 region. Responsibilities include all supervisory and clinical aspects of Behavioral Health Programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- provide organizational leadership in the areas of mental and behavioral health services, to include consultation and collaboration with school districts, Intermediate Unit staff, and related agencies.
- provide clinical consultation, staff training, and support to Partial Hospitalization Programs, Center-Based Academies, member districts, and related service providers.
- provide clinical expertise, staff supervision, and training to treatment and administrative staff.
- attend meetings as it relates to the clients’ Treatment or other mental/behavioral health (ie: IEP meetings, intake meetings, consultations, etc.)
- meet on a regular basis to review clinical records and to assess client progress with client staff, and to provide collaborative input concerning all treatment activities (behavioral, academic, therapeutic, and psychiatric).
- coordinate contracted mental/behavioral health services (including psychiatric services related to Partial Hospitalization Programs) to districts and mental/behavioral health providers.
- manage program budget, medical assistance billing, compliance issues, and statistical data collection for Partial Hospitalization Programs and other mental/behavioral health services.
- develop policies, processes, procedures, and systems that meet regulatory requirements of the Partial Hospitalization Program and other mental/behavioral health services
- actively participate and collaborate with agency/provider meetings at the state and regional level
- work closely with the IU 17 Director of Management Services and the business office staff to oversee and manage program budgets, medical assistance reimbursements, and other business concerns.
- develop, implement, and maintain new programs as determined by the Executive Director & Assistant to the Executive Director.
- interview and recommend employment of clinical / professional
- develop and monitor statistics for review and presentations to appropriate participating Service Agencies and School Districts involved in BLaST IU mental/behavioral health services.
- serve as part of a dynamic, collaborative leadership team focused on advancing the IU’s vision, mission, and core values to include a commitment to respect, integrity, safety, and communication.
- as part of the IU leadership team, actively engage in complex problem solving, professional learning, collaboration, conflict resolution, and relationship building.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide monthly program updates as required by Executive Director & Assistant Executive Director.
- To perform other duties as directed by the Executive Director
- To maintain a flexible schedule to meet client and Program needs.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other related duties requested by their supervisor.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and work year to be established by the Board. In accordance with state and federal law, reasonable accommodations will be considered upon request.